Black Paper?
Just yesterday, I went for a meal with Jefrey and Naim during their break from work. Since they 'had' to go back to work within the next hour or so, we decided to eat in the same shopping mall. Without hesitation, Jefrey suggested that we eat Wok Mee.
Eddy: Eat what ar?
Naim: Dunno. Jefrey, what you want?
Jefrey: Wok Mee
Eddy (Looking in dismay): Whack Me?
Jefrey: No no... Wok Mee
Eddy: =.="
Jefrey: W-o-k M-e-e, Wok Mee
Naim: OH, Wok Mee, right, got it.
We then moved on to the food court to eat this... so called... Wok Mee? Upon reaching the stall, I felt like something wasn't right. I then started looking around to figure out what didn't feel right.
Suddenly my eyes stopped at this sign...:
I blinked a couple of times and looked even closer.
They actually served Wok Mee with Chicken Mushroom Black 'Paper'. So I looked around to find other sign-board-menus to check if this was the 'actual' name of the dish. Much to my dismay, I found out that it was really Black Pepper (Dang)
I wasn't really all that hungry so I just stood by the shop while waiting for Jefrey. Suddenly, I overheard a family of "ang moh's" conversing about the menu.
Father: Wow, they actually serve chicken with mushroom in black paper here in Malaysia, would any of you like to try that, sounds pretty interesting to me.
The rest of his family shooked their heads, some even with a disgusted face.
Father: Suite yourself, you don't know what you are missing.
When the food arrived, the father just stared at his dish for roughly 8-10 seconds and he inquired of the chef;
Father: Excuse me, may I ask, where's the black paper?
Chef: Black pepper (I swear he pronounced it as paper) sir?
He then started making gestures at the dish to point at the whole noodles being covered in black pepper
Father: No no, I said, where's the black pa... (it must have strucked him then that it was actually black pepper)... Nevermind then.
Chef: (Stupid foreigners) *Shakes head*
Assistant: Ha mi su? (Whats the problem?)
Chef: Mm Zai la, Ha leh ang moh siao eh, ti ti mui wa 'where my black paper where my black paper' mm zai hami lan la. (Dunno la, that ang moh's crazy, he kept on asking me 'where my black paper where my black paper, dunno what the fcuk)
Then they both laugh and change the topic of conversation. I smirked and walked off. So much for that, Lol.


0 entries of blasphemy:
Post a Comment